Find relief from pain with an orthopedic surgeon in Hollywood.
Every year, millions of people from all walks of life suffer bone, joint, tendon, or ligament maladies. Often referred to as orthopedic injuries, these ailments can be debilitating, painful and frustrating. Orthopedics is the medical branch responsible for diagnosing and treating these and similar conditions.
- Medical professionals called orthopedic surgeons apply their knowledge and relevant medical technologies to rectify joint, bone, and muscle issues.
- In doing so, they use a range of technological tools to help people like you to overcome injuries or illnesses.
CONTACT US TODAY
Orthopedic medicine involves the diagnosis and cure of a variety of bone, joint, tissue, nerve, and muscular conditions. Orthopedic surgeons often emphasize exercise and physical therapy as treatment options.
Other common orthopedic treatment options involve minimally invasive surgeries that correct issues with bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Physicians use a variety of imaging tools to pinpoint medical issues and also use these tools to guide treatments.
Orthopedic medicine offers techniques and methods that are invaluable to anyone who suffers traumatic injuries to their musculoskeletal system and has a proven track record of helping affected individuals regain physical health.
Acute Orthopedic Conditions
Acute injuries may occur suddenly due to trauma of one kind or another. Acute issues strike anyone at any time, and often include:
- Falls: Falls from heights are a common source of musculoskeletal injuries.
- Car Accidents: Every year, large numbers of people fall victim to bone, joint, and tissue injuries because of automobile accidents.
- Joint and Muscle Overuse: Individuals who engage in repetitive activities often suffer from overuse injuries. Examples include carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, and bursitis.
- Sports Related Injuries: Every year, millions of professional and amateur athletes compete in a variety of formal and informal events. In pursuit of their dreams, many of these individuals suffer painful and debilitating injuries that are treatable with orthopedic medicine. Common sports injuries include dislocations, fractures, sprains, strains, and muscle contusions.
Chronic Orthopedic Conditions
Chronic conditions tend to develop over time and may persist over long periods of time as well. Nevertheless, many chronic conditions respond well to orthopedic medicine. Some chronic conditions that are treatable with orthopedic methods include:
- Paget’s Bone Disease: This ailment is characterized by bones that thicken, enlarge and deform. Bones affected by Paget’s disease also become brittle, causing people who suffer from this malady to suffer from frequent fractures. Orthopedic surgeons diagnose this painful condition with X-Ray and bone scans, after which they treat it with a range of options that include physical therapy, bone realignment, or bone replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This autoimmune disorder attacks joints and causes inflammation, pain, and loss of function. It is also treatable with orthopedic medical interventions.
- Kyphosis: Also known as curvature of the spine, this condition can cause pain and disability. Orthopedic spine specialists treat maladies involving the vertebrae and associated structures.
Our orthopedic surgeon in Hollywood provides you with access to the experience and skill that comes with many years of medical training and education. In addition to bachelors and medical degrees, our orthopedic physician completed a multi-year residency commitment followed by several years spent studying and practicing specialty skills. This combination makes our facility a great place to start your search for relief from musculoskeletal issues.
Our experienced and licensed orthopedic surgeon in Hollywood also offers you access to a wide-range of diagnostic and treatment technologies. On the frontline of the diagnostic battle are X-Rays, computed tomography (CT) scans, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners. These devices give our orthopedic team fast and non-invasive ways of diagnosing your internal medical issues.
Many bone, joint, and muscle issues respond well to external treatments like physical therapy, exercise, and dietary changes. Others require more direct solutions, including surgery to correct serious injuries. Valuable in this endeavor are arthroscopic surgical procedures, which use very small incisions to repair major internal damage.
Osteopathic Medicine Attacks Illness from Many Directions
Our orthopedic physicians and their technologies can treat a wide array of chronic and acute conditions. Key to this success is the multifaceted nature of the orthopedic treatment arsenal. Orthopedic professionals can bring to bear therapies and treatments capable of rectifying both internal and external traumas, injuries, and diseases. This medical discipline offers techniques that have helped millions of people like you to regain good health.
To enjoy the benefits of our imaging and therapeutic technologies, and the expertise of our orthopedic surgeon in Hollywood, contact or visit us today.